Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sometimes Beginnings Come in the Middle

To start, I want you to know that I am creating this blog as an outlet; creative, emotional, funny, inspirational, what have you. I think it will be a great time of reflection for me, and hopefully you will grab something from it as well. Lets dive in.

The meaning for Finding Favor comes from my favorite biblical story. Its about a young girl named Esther who experiences a true rags to riches lifestyle change. Her journey beings when this king basically has the first bachelor show on record. He goes through all the women in his kingdom to find his new love. As you might guess, he chooses Esther. After 12 months, yes 12, of beauty treatments Esther is finally allowed to be presented as the new Queen. As most women in a bauty pagent, she has a platform. It is nothing about saving stray puppies or ending bad hair days, it is saving her people, Jews, from extinction. Quite a platform. So to sum it up, Esther must find favor from the king so that she can save her family.
This might seem simple seeing as she just won the most insane beauty pagent of all time, but, the king had a reputation for killing his wives. (How else do you think Esther got an audition?) Esther must trust in God, her faith and her family to pull this off. And what do you know, her bravery and poise wins her the gold!
Esther found favor by being herself. She was true to her faith and values and she found favor with both God and her king. (And I assume the Jewish race as well... she did save them all.)
So- Finding Favor to me means finding and experiencing my life mission. Through what Esther accomplished I see what it takes to find favor. Guts, Faith and a few beauty treatments every now and then!

Now, I had planned on writing about whats going on in my life right now, with jobs (or lack of) relationships and stress. But I just realized how unimportant some things are that I do worry over. Thanks to Esther I realize that I have found favor in myself today by getting a lot done and taking a few step forward towards my goals! Now, I think I will find favor in a margarita with a dear friend!

Asheton

No comments:

Post a Comment